Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can productivity and persistence be the key to more happiness?

If someone were to ask me if I am happy, my answer would probably be, "I think I am." However, my life isn't quite perfect, and I take personal responsibility for a big chunk of that - I know I have to make more effort and take more risks to live it to the fullest.

One of the things that has been bothering me for awhile is the feeling that I should be more productive. I simply haven't achieved very much in the 28 years of my life. I have always been a little lazy, and I don't fight for what I want nearly as often as I should. I have had my moments - but they were far and few in between. I also find it difficult to sustain my enthusiasm levels, and it takes a lot for me to keep working on one objective when another pops up.

So... where am I going with this? Firstly, one of the aspects I want to change about my life is the lack of productivity - and I think maintaining a blog will help address that. I enjoy writing, so it's a good start. Secondly, I need to learn to stick to things that are worthwhile, and again, I plan to achieve this by continuing to share my ideas, whether it be on this blog or elsewhere (yes - there is the multiple objective thing rearing its naughty head again!). So wish me luck! And persistence, too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment